Today is a very special day – and special days call for cake. Now I’m not a frosted layered sponge cake kind of girl – I’ve never really been a fan of sponge cakes, nor a ton of frosting. So instead, I like to opt for something a little more rustic, like a quick bread
What’s the occasion? Exactly one year ago today, a beautiful baby girl joined our family by coming out into the world - she was full of spunk back then, is just as spirited today, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
On day 1…
And now one year later -
She’s the same little baby that I held in my arms that first day, but also now so much growing into a little girl:
We had a quiet birthday, celebrating with a couple new toys (the xylophone was a huge hit), and skyping with friends and family. And of course, some cake. It was really a perfect birthday, even if there wasn’t a huge party with kids everywhere – there will be other years for that, years she will remember. This time, it was for us to celebrate a year of family life together – all our lives have been incredibly transformed by the presence of this little person who shares her days with us, and it’s been such an incredible journey so far. I can’t wait to see what the future holds in store.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Gluten Free
Prep Time:25 min to gather ingredients/prep batter
Total Time:90min counting baking
- 200g GF flour mix
- 100g raw sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150g bananas (two bananas)
- 50g applesauce
- 100g melted butter
- handful or so chocolate chips
- butter for greasing the pan
- Preheat an oven to 180C (350F). Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl – the GF flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, bananas, and applesauce, stirring until blended. While stirring, slowly pour in the melted butter (this is to prevent the melted butter from cooking the eggs).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, add in the chocolate chips, and stir with a spatula until all is combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45-60 min, or until passes a clean knife test. Enjoy!