Naturally Gluten Free Links #13 – January

by Jenn on January 31, 2013

in Naturally GF Links

EA Stewart - Cauliflower SoupCreamy cauliflower soup by EA Stewart

Wow can you believe that we have come full circle, onto a year of naturally gluten free links?? Last time, in December, I asked all of you what you thought of the series, and got an overwhelming response wishing me to continue with it – so here is to another year of discovering some tasty naturally gluten free recipes to offer up flavor and variety without ever having to find some exotic flour or weird random gluten substitute :)

In case you are new to the series, last year in January of 2012 I started Naturally Gluten Free Links, because while it seems that the general consensus is that already gluten free foods are easy to find and thus most people are only looking for baked goods, etc. that utilize gluten substitutes, I find it refreshing to discover new and exciting ways to use foods to create dishes that are naturally gluten free. In the past year my husband and I have significantly increased our cooking repertoire after finding new and creative soups, salads, meat and seafood dishes, and even several gorgeous desserts that did not require any special flour mixes.  I think to approach gluten free as a lifestyle rather than a diet restriction it is important to embrace and celebrate those dishes that already are ok for a GF person to eat – one where no alterations or special accommodations need to be made, and everyone can enjoy.

So let’s hear it for this great selection ringing in the new year! As always, while the bloggers listed here may not necessarily be gluten free, these particular recipes are – and as per usual, it is important nevertheless to always always always read labels on all goods purchased and/or inquire with the manufacturer and your personal care physician as to the suitability of ingredients for your body.   But enough with disclaimers, onto the list!

Apps & Salads:

Soups:

Veggies:

Tara - Smells Like Home - Simple Potato GratinPotato gratin by Tara of Smells Like Home

Meats and Fish:

Desserts:

Cassi January 31, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog and I absolutely love this series! I have been gluten free for one month and actually just started my own blog about naturally gluten free foods/recipes! Would love for you to check it out!

Love your blog! Keep up the good work! :)

Jenn January 31, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Oh thanks so much!!

Holly February 1, 2013 at 12:16 am

What a nice collection of recipes for me to look through. I am not gluten free but often find that in trying to eat healthier that I am making gluten free dishes (especially soups). I am sure I’ll find recipes here that I’ll enjoy, thanks!

Jenn February 1, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Thanks so much!

Shirley @ gfe & All Gluten-Free Desserts February 1, 2013 at 12:42 am

Yay!!! So happy you are continuing on with this series and spreading this approach, Jenn. :-) Love your write-up on the “why” and how doing so has benefitted your family’s eating style! Off to share with others. ;-) Oh, and of course, all these recipes look and sound amazing!

Thanks so much!
Shirley

Jenn February 2, 2013 at 11:31 am

Thanks Shirley! I know we share a similar philosophy when it comes to helping others enjoy life gluten free, and I definitely think it’s an important to know that eating GF doesn’t always mean crazy substitution ingredients or hard to find GF products. :)

Ellen (Gluten Free Diva) February 1, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Where to start? This list alone is a months’ worth of deliciousness to try. Thank you for sharing!

Jenn February 1, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Thanks Ellen! If you click the category heading just under the post title “Naturally GF Links” you can find all the past posts as well :)

branny February 2, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thank you for including me in your roundup.

jas @ the gluten free scallywag February 3, 2013 at 1:33 am

Another delicious list Jenn! Looking forward to trying out Sophie’s almond cake with some in season blueberries… nom nom nom

Ambika March 23, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Hi.. My four year old s a celiac girl. She s a brave n a very matured girl for her age. She understands gluten causes itching n whenever we visit supermarket gets me her choice of products where we scan fr wheat n many a time I can see her going back very grim :-( but with no tantrums..angel Dia ..
That pushes me to do more for her n am a full time mommy for her reading blogs n making her recipes which a 4 yr old can eat..she is still a long wy from a lot of gluten free recipes..but am giving it a shot.. So for my Dia n a lot more other Dia’s..pls continue the blog n I wld also request you to think from a child’s perspective n bring in recipes that I can put in her snack box..she starts school n April..looking forward…to b n touch
Ambika