I am happy to announce that I am hosting DMBLGIT (Does My Blog Look Good in This) this month! I hosted before back in January, but DMBLGIT is in need of hosts, and I’m so excited to announce it again this month and help to continue its awesomeness. It’s the longest running online food photography contest, dating back to 2005, each month showcasing a wealth of talent from food bloggers all over the web, conceived by Andrew of Spittoon Extra.
The rules are simple – enter your photo by the deadline, and an amazing lineup of judges that I have chosen (who will be revealed later this month) will judge the photos and choose the winners, who will receive pretty shiny badges to put on their site
– Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
– The photograph must have been taken by you.
– The photograph must not have any text or watermarks.
– The photograph must have been posted on your blog between October 1st through October 31st, 2012.
– The deadline to submit your entry is November 20th, 2012 at midnight your local time.
A panel of awesome judges has been chosen, who will decide 6 winners based on the following criteria:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: does the photo make us want to dive right into the food?
- Originality: a photo that instantly catches our attention and makes us stop to look twice, and exclaim “Wow!”
Three overall winners will be selected plus one each from the 3 categories. Apart from this, one photo that stands out, but wasn’t selected as a winning one will also be chosen by me, the hostess.
To enter DMBLGiT November 2012:
Email me one qualifying food/drink photograph with “DMBLGiT” as the subject line to jenncuisine at gmail.com
Please remember that your email must include the following information:
– Your name
– Your blog’s name and URL
– The title of your photograph
– The URL of the post containing the photograph
– The camera and lens used by you
– An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo you’d like to send as your entry. It should be without any text/watermark and not more than 500 pixels in width
*Please note that by submitting a photo, entrants agree to their photo being redisplayed and altered in size on the host’s page, the below linked picasa album and on the SpittoonExtra DMBLGiT page.
DMBLGiT November 2012 Gallery:
The photographs sent to me will be added to this DMBLGIT November 2012 Google+ album as and when I receive them. Please leave me a comment on this post if I mistakenly miss out anyone’s photograph and you don’t see yours posted within 72 hours. Keep checking the album to be updated on all of the wonderful entries!
As I mentioned above, DMBLGIT is in need of hosts!! To continue this awesome food photography event, if you’re interested in hosting a future edition of DMBLGiT, send an email to Andrew with “DMBLGiT Host” as the subject line.
If you have any questions about the contest then leave a comment here or contact me. I look forward to your wonderful photographs. So, don’t wait, start sending them now and spread the word! You have until the 20th of November, 2012. On December 1st, 2012 I will be announcing the winners for this month.
Good luck everyone!