Happy September! This month I have the pleasure of hosting this month’s Monthly Mingle. Monthly Mingle is a blogging event created by Meeta of What’s for Lunch Honey, and for this month’s theme, I chose Americana. To me, Americana food is more than just apple pie and thanksgiving turkey – it can be sliders, barbecue, and popular regional dishes – be it the Southern cuisine, New England seafood, Midwestern comforts, Cajun spices, or any other region of the US.
Summer has flown by so quickly it seems, and while it was a memorable season of firsts, I am anxiously awaiting sweatshirt weather and sipping mugs of piping hot tea in the mornings. While we’ve had a great time living here in Switzerland, I miss being home in the States most at this time of year too - I miss being out camping in the mountains, fresh clam chowder, seeing friends at homecoming, watching football games, family BBQs, and the cool autumn days with the trees full of color. Which is why I chose an Americana theme for the Monthly Mingle, to enjoy tasty American classics
I can’t wait to see what everyone makes!
How to participate in Monthly Mingle:
1. Create a dish that fits the Americana theme.
2. Post about it on your blog from now till the 30th of September 2012, midnight.
3. Your creation should be prepared for the current Monthly Mingle theme and shared with a maximum of 2 other blog events. Let’s try and keep the creations as fresh as the ingredients you use.
4. You must provide a link to this post and the official Monthly Mingle page.
5. Once you’ve posted your dish, please email me at jenncuisine[at]gmail[dot]com with Monthly Mingle in the subject line and include:
- Your name
- Your blog name
- A link to the post where the dish appears
- The name of your dish
- A photo, preferably 640 pixels large.