Happy Summer everyone!
Hope it’s been going well for you all and you’ve been weathering the heat (or Winter depending on which hemisphere you are in) alright. Life has certainly changed for me over the past couple months, and it has its challenges and joys. I think we are finally settling into some sort of system in our new life as parents, though it still feels like a bit of a guessing game at times! The Olympics have started this weekend, and I am stoked to hang out with baby girl and watch the games all day My favorite sports? I love to watch the swimming, volleyball and gymnastics, and also find out more about other sports that I would otherwise know nothing about.
But whether or not you are excited about the games, you can for sure be excited about the naturally gluten free dishes in this month’s roundup! If you are new to my roundup series, each month I scour the internets and look for gorgeous and enticing naturally gluten free recipes on food blogs. The bloggers may not all be gluten free, but these particular recipes are – I think this month highlights some of the best of Summer, especially the desserts – clearly it has been cherry season, and there are some great ideas for celebrating such a flavorful fruit – including the delectable looking ice cream above made by Shawnda. And there are some heartier meat dishes too, a mix of Summer and Winter comforts, and a variety from lamb to chorizo (look at Jas’s soup!) to filet mignon.
So enjoy, and hopefully I will get to posting some actual recipes of my own this month!
- Mairi of Toast NZ made a green herby omelette with spinach and feta salad
- Hallie of Daily Bites shared links to 101 summer salads – and many are naturally gluten free!
- Hugh and Sara of Sprouted Kitchen made a pasilla chile and lime cabbage slaw
- Melissa Clark made a roasted eggplant salad with Asian ginger dressing
Veggies and Vegetarian:
- Nicole of Gluten Free on a Shoestring made homemade corn tortillas
- Lakshmi of Pure Vegetarian made a summer soup (Kesäkeitto)
- Dave of Food and Fire made zuccaghetti with lemon caper sauce
- Josie of Pink Parsley made tomato basil quinoa
- Stevie of Garden Therapy made tarragon pickled beets
- Jas of Gluten Free Scallywag made a bean and chorizo soup
- Hallie of Daily Bites made coconut lime chicken bites
- Courtney of Cook Like a Champion made pan-seared filet mignon with roasted garlic compound butter
- Alida of Alida’s Kitchen made grilled BBQ chicken
- Kathleen of Gonna Want Seconds made brined and grilled shrimp
- Bev of Bev Cooks made a smoky corn and shrimp chowder
- Meli of Confessions of a Spoon made mussels marinara
- Ali and Tom of Nourishing Meals made a berry tart with coconut pastry cream
- Heather of Whipper Berry made a velvet cherry sauce
- Jamie of Life’s a Feast made a cherry prosecco granita
- Sarka of Cook Your Dream made an aryan yogurt drink
- Shawnda of Confections of a Foodie Bride made chocolate cherry ice cream
*Note – as always, make sure to read all labels/contact manufacturer/consult your certified healthcare professional for all ingredients you use if you need to be gluten free or have any food allergies/restrictions/sensitivities
Missed the last naturally GF roundup links? check out the lists of great recipes from previous months:
Naturally Gluten Free Roundup #1 – January
Naturally Gluten Free Roundup #2 – February
Naturally Gluten Free Roundup #3 – March
Naturally Gluten Free Roundup #4 – April
Naturally Gluten Free Roundup #5 – May
Naturally Gluten Free Roundup #6 – June