Welcome to the April edition of naturally gluten free links from across the blogosphere!! If you are unfamiliar with this event, each month I post a roundup of naturally gluten free recipes that I find across the blogosphere that sound flavorful and delicious. By “naturally gluten free”, I mean these recipes need no alterations, they are already GF just as they are. The bloggers may not necessarily be GF, but these particular recipes are, and this month did not disappoint! I’m loving being able to find such great diversity across flavors and cultures – today’s roundup features dishes from American, Australian, Indian, French, Moroccan, Mexican, Italian, and Argentinian cuisines. It just goes to show how approachable and accessible gluten free living really can be.
This month as we see more produce making an appearance for Springtime, there’s also a general trend moving away from the heavier comfort foods to lighter fresher fare – so much so that I decided to abandon the soups category for now and instead incorporate any soups I want to share into their appropriate veggie or meat categories. We are starting to see some of my favorite flavors appear, like peas, strawberries, asparagus, and lavender.
Also I’ve decided to keep a list of all past roundups updated on my gluten free resources page – so if you want to go back and find great looking naturally GF recipes, all you have to do is visit that page to quickly access all of the monthly posts.
So without further ado, here are this month’s great looking dishes – I’m sure you are bound to find inspiration amongst these lovely plates:
- Nashira of Plateful guest posting on Flavour Fiesta made a curried chickpea salad
- Nancy from A Communal Table made beet carpaccio
- Alyssa of Queen of Quinoa made a spinach and pea shoot salad with dill tuna and quinoa
- Ann of Cooking Healthy for Me made a steak and strawberry feta salad
- Nancy of Coupon Clipping Cook made a curried tuna salad with radicchio
- Taylor of Taylor Takes a Taste made asparagus with orange hollandaise
- Ilva of Lucullian Delights made a chili pepper farinata
- Jillian and Malcom of From Away made Moroccan stew
- Ben of What’s Cooking Mexico guest posting on Rosa’s Yummy Yums made mushroom and squash blossom quesadillas
- Nikki of Pennies on a Platter made southwestern stuffed sweet potatoes
Meats and Fish:
- Abby of Lemon Savory made sausage and basil stuffed mushrooms
- Emily of Sage Recipes made grilled skirt steak with cilantro chimichurri sauce
- Rosemary of Cooking in Sens made honey mustard roasted duck legs with pears
- Kim of Just Baked made garlic, ginger, and scallion shrimp
- Prerna of Indian Simmer made methi murgh
- Georgie of Georgie Cakes made pavlova with orange curd and chocolate pistachio crumble
- Lindsey of Cafe Johnsonia made blueberry lavender ice cream
- David Lebovtiz made pineapple coconut macaroons
- Sam of Sweet Remedy made an apple and pear quinoa parfait with lavender
- Jeanine of Baking Beauties made piña colada parfaits
So that’s the list for this month, can’t wait to see what the internet cooks up during May!
*Note – as always, make sure to read all labels/contact manufacturer/consult your certified healthcare professional for all ingredients you use if you need to be gluten free or have any food allergies/restrictions/sensitivities.