It’s time for the 3rd edition of my naturally gluten free roundup series! In case you are unfamiliar with my series, it is the monthly event where I select some of the best and most exciting naturally GF recipes that I have found across the interwebs in the past month. The blogs featured here may not necessarily be GF, but these particular recipes are, and I think these recipes look outstanding!
Why do I create this round up each month? I want to feature naturally GF recipes that I find to show the world the diversity of gluten free foods – that there are many foods people like and enjoy every day are actually free from gluten without any substitutions required. Hopefully GF and non-GF folk alike can appreciate this, that not all gluten free food has to be weird or mysterious. Also, I do this to illustrate that not all GF food has to be filled with exotic or hard to find ingredients, and that many great dishes can be made without having to rely on expensive prepackaged GF products. While my husband and I do use some GF products, we tend to save those for a special treat – and instead for our day to day living, we focus on cooking as naturally gluten free as possible – why? it’s easier, we like focusing on fresh food, and there’s no need to worry about some “mix” being as good or not as the “real thing”.
So what do we have this month? As we are transitioning from Winter into Spring, we are starting to see more greens (and even some new fruits) appearing, but there is still a prevalence of good hearty cool weather dishes like stews and roasts. One food blogging event this month, the IndianFoodPalooza hosted by Barbara, Prerna and Kathy, allowed me to explore several different types of Indian flavors and remind me that several cultures prepare lots of great naturally gluten free foods. And for desserts, it seems this was the month for cake! From flourless cupcakes to cakes made from almonds (even Dorie Greenspan blogged a naturally GF recipe!), showing once again that there is no shortage of ways to make even desserts (and even cakes!) that are naturally gluten free.
- Kelly from Sass & Veracity made a cauliflower and apple salad with radicchio
- Ashley of Not Without Salt made a trio of salads
- Sara of One Tribe Gourmet made a grilled shrimp and mediterranean salad
- Sarah of Taste of Home Cooking made a bacon egg and asparagus salad
- Lisa from With Style and Grace made strawberry gazpacho
- Brian from A Thought for Food made a purple carrot and apple soup
- Nikki of Art and Lemons made carrot fennel soup
- Adrienne of Adrienneats made a curried tomato soup with roasted coconut
- Katie from Everything Reconsidered made falafel with tahini dressing
- The Balanced Baker made tostones with creamy garlic cilantro dip
- Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food made caramelized endive with brown butter sauce
- Kim of Cook it Allergy Free made sautéed chard and kale with raisins and pine nuts
- Clara of Dominican Cooking made stewed okra
- Kevin of Closet Cooking made bacon wrapped buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers
- Danielle of Against All Grain made chicken tikka masala
- Nisha of Looks Who’s Cooking Too made a chicken ghee roast
- Joelen of What’s Cookin’ Chicago made chicken enchiladas with red chile sauce
- Elena of Elana’s Pantry made a shephard’s pie
- Tara from Smells Like Home made corned beef and cabbage
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl made slow cooker beef and sweet potato stew