Thai Chicken Curry Wraps

by Jenn on September 8, 2010

in Gluten Free,Meats

Thai Chicken Curry Wraps

Change can be a great thing.  Change can be scary, but it can also be exciting.  The seasons are changing, and September so far is doing a great job of letting me know Summer is on its way out.   Change has also been happening in our every day lives as well.  It only took us an entire month, but I am happy to say that everything is officially set with our new move.  We even have furniture now (woohoo!) and don’t have to use suitcases as dresser drawers.  This particular meal was one of the last dishes I ever made in our old kitchen, maybe even the last meal.  Last meals are symbolic.  This one represented all the craziness of moving that was now, officially, resolved.  It was such a wonderful feeling, because as anyone who has transported their life’s belongs across a town in the heat of summer knows, the best part of moving is being done with it :)

Today, you may have noticed some other changes.  We’re currently in the process of doing some redesign changes on my blog, and for sure it is exciting and not the least bit scary, because I know my site is in good hands :)  However, I have a question for you all.  You see, with change comes the subsequent introspection, and I would like to do some thinking about you all, my wonderful and lovely readers.  So please, answer me just one little question in poll at the top of the sidebar – are you glutenicious or gluten free?

The reason I am asking is because I want to better know about you.  Are all of you gluten free? Are only some of you gluten free?  Or are most of you glutenicous and just kind enough to put up with my ever failing GF puff pastry attempts?  Maybe you come to live vicariously through my hiking experiences bounding about the Alps (ok, not really bounding, more like huffing and puffing my way up some very steep mountains).  I just want to see better who comprises my audience, and what your needs are.  I’m sure it must be confusing that I, the one blogging about all of these gluten free cooking experiences, actually has no dietary issues to speak of, and that it really is my husband who drives out the wheat, oats, barley and rye from our kitchen.  Yep, we are a mixed glutenicious/gluten free household, and I take great care that I don’t accidentally glutenize my husband.  I blog about the food we make to show how easy it is to have variety, flavor, and most importantly, freedom when cooking without gluten.  I write the weekly GF Substitutions series because I want to conquer and demystify gluten-free cooking.  I will get those peanut butter cookies just perfect, and I will get puff pastry to puff.  I want to figure out the hows and whys of gluten free cooking and baking, and through my experiences and your great feedback, help you out along the way too.  Really, I guess I’m just curious.  So please let me know if you are glutenicious or gluten free!

Either way, these Thai chicken curry wraps are easy and delicious.  Maybe you have a special occasion (like moving!) to make them, but even if you don’t, they sure hit the spot on a still warm Summer day.  My recipe is a bit pared down from the original because I forgot to make a list when we went to the store, but they were still really satisfying.  Enjoy them while it’s still warm out!

iLiveinmyLab September 8, 2010 at 9:06 pm

You know I love your blog AND I’m gluten-free! Also, I can’t wait to try this recipe, I think my husband is going to love this!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:28 am

Oh great, hope he likes it!!

Krystal R. September 8, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I love the diversity of your blog because of it’s gluten-free recipes, and I think it’s important to have variety in your food. I always look forward to see what you have cooking in your kitchen.

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:29 am

Thanks Krystal!

iris September 8, 2010 at 9:39 pm

You know I’m gluten-free, but I love that this is not a necessity for you but rather a choice because it makes things easier for your husband. It’s so sweet of you, and I think great for people to see that a mixed gluten-free/glutenicious household can work and be fun for both people.

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:30 am

Thanks Iris! It definitely has been fun creating food together :)

Cindy September 8, 2010 at 10:19 pm

I am gluten free/grain free/sugar free/casein free. I teach my patients how to be gluten free etc., and I love your recipes. I also love the pictures of Switzerland. In a nutshell – I really look forward to your blogs each week!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:31 am

Thanks, glad to hear it!

annielaurie September 8, 2010 at 11:45 pm

4 out of 5 members of our house are GF (my husband is fine). We are a mixed household, but everything thing I produce (w the exception of anything made w his flour tortillas) is GF. We have a mixed bag of other things we can’t havve, so it’s always fun cooking/baking around no corn, no dairy, no soy…i could go on and on. Plus I’m pregnant right now and that adds a whole new layer of drama (heartburn wise :))
I enjoy your humor and dogged attempts w regards to “taking” care of your man ;)

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:35 am

Thanks! Ah yes, more restrictions just means getting to make more creative dishes, right? :)

Erin September 9, 2010 at 12:07 am

I have Celiac Disease, so I love your blog for the recipes and gluten free cooking/baking advice. I love to experiment in the kitchen, and it’s fun to see what you’re up to as well!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:36 am

Thanks! Experimenting is the best part :)

GFree_Miel September 9, 2010 at 1:09 am

Those wraps look reaaaally good!

I love that you blog about both gluten-free and glutenicious foods. I think a blog, regardless of what it’s about, should reflect someone’s life. And your life obviously includes both glutenicious and gluten-free foods. I love your gluten-free substitution series and you’re adventurous hikes.

Congrats on finishing the move!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:38 am

Thanks Miel! It’s just funny cause I noticed yesterday that the last actual glutenicious recipe I posted was probably 8 months ago…so for a while now the blog has been all gluten free and I didn’t even notice the trend. Hope you enjoy the wraps!

Rosa September 9, 2010 at 1:36 am

OMG, to die for! Those look so delectable.

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:39 am

Thanks Rosa!

Anna Johnston September 9, 2010 at 1:59 am

I’m one of the dying breed of gluten lovers but totally appreciate the G/F posts; in fact loving the mountain trekking & just about any topic, so looking forward to future posts.

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:40 am

Thanks Anna! Though I don’t think you’re a dying breed… there are plenty of glutenicious folk out there!

InTolerantChef September 9, 2010 at 4:51 am

I am InTolerant by name and intolerant by nature. I acn’t tolerate gluten or lactose. I love that you try and get to the bottom of the ‘why’ in gluten free cooking. The substitutions are great. The Photos of mountains are just eye candy!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:41 am

Thanks! I hope to get back to some more mountains soon!

Kyle September 9, 2010 at 9:30 am

Keep it Gluten-free PLEASE!!!! I love it that I can cook anything off your site and enjoy it. I love your musings on different flours and your sharing of the occasional flop – I had one the other night when I baked a dough on my apple turnover that came out of the oven as hard as a rock! *Master-cheff Fail*, but my darling friends made kind noises about the delicious apple and cherry filling and it was a case of ‘live and learn’, ‘better luck next time’ – and reading of both your trials and triumphs in Gluten-free cooking is very helpful.

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 10:24 am

Ha don’t worry, we will still be cooking/blogging gluten free no matter what! Sorry to hear about your apple turnover flop, but glad that you have friends who are so wonderful about it :)
The reason I was asking is because when I originally started this blog over 2 years ago, I did not think of making it exclusively GF. In fact, one of my earliest posts is of a very glutenicious crusty bread! But over time, GF is definitely where we have been, with only a rare couple posts being exclusively glutenicious. I’m wondering if “mostly gluten free” is really the best descriptor for what I post, or if there are glutenicious readers who feel like they are missing out – though I sincerely hope no one feels like they are missing out, I try to make most of my stuff (well maybe except for some of the baking) as simple to convert as possible. I think knowing what proportion of everyone is GF/glutenicious will be helpful.

Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite September 9, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Gorgeous wraps Jenn and what I love about your blog is how diverse and varied it is! Keep it up!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Thanks Mardi!

Kath September 9, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I’m glutenicious, and I love, love, LOVE my pasta and bread. Perhaps too much. So I’m interested in gluten-free, wheat free recipes.

Your wraps are a terrific idea for a quick meal!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Thanks! We still eat a lot of pasta and bread, even gluten free – we use corn and quinoa pasta a lot :)

May Ling Wu September 9, 2010 at 4:55 pm

This looks so good! I love how simple it is. Great picture!

Jenn September 9, 2010 at 6:04 pm

shauna September 10, 2010 at 3:42 am

Well, you know I’m gluten-free. But I also just like you. I bet that’s true for many people reading!

Jenn September 10, 2010 at 5:20 am

Thanks Shauna! I like you too!

Susi September 10, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Love, love, love this recipe! It looks fresh and delicious! BTW I’m glutenicious but my sister has celiac and I’m always looking for great gluten-free recipes :o)

Jenn September 11, 2010 at 12:23 am

Thanks!! It was, in fact I’m making it again this weekend!

Matt Kay September 11, 2010 at 12:51 am

These look amazing. I’ve realized that I almost immediately get sucked in when I see limes. It must be in my blood.

Great photo too. I love the great color from the onions and pepper.

Jenn September 11, 2010 at 12:56 am

Thanks! I’m a big fan of limes too, I use them whenever I can!

Aubree Cherie September 12, 2010 at 1:54 am

This look so tasty! Simple and elegant. I want to try it soon :)

~Aubree Cherie

Jenn September 12, 2010 at 5:48 am

Thanks Aubree!

Sophie September 13, 2010 at 8:31 pm

A lovely classic filled tortilla! I just love the lovely flavours in here!!

MMMMMMM,…I just have eaten & you are making me hungry again!

Jenn September 13, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Thanks!! They are some of my favorite flavors as well!

Kevin (Closet Cooking) September 15, 2010 at 3:08 am

I like the Thai flavours in these wraps and they look amazing!

Jenn September 15, 2010 at 10:57 am