Pesto Chicken Salad

by Jenn on June 18, 2009

in Diabetic Friendly,Gluten Free,Meats,Salads,Tastes

dscn49292salad-375x500

I created a dressing using a different set of flavors than I typically do in chicken salad, and created this pesto version out of some awesome basil and arugula that I purchased at the farmer’s market this past weekend.  This was also the PERFECT way to use up all the rest of my chicken leftover from my fabulous roast!

dscn49272salad-500x375
Oh and this was taken with my “stuck in one setting” camera, so forgive the pics! It actually totally died after this, and I had to use my printer to read the san disk to get the images!

Katie June 18, 2009 at 6:30 am

I love to eat Greek Yogurt with fresh slices of mango, strawberries, and blueberries!! YUM!! MY fav is Fage’, Chobani, and Oikos (in that order). I must agree with the fact that it is TOO expensive!! The little individual ones can go up to 1.99 each!! To save some money- Trader Joe’s has a good Greek yogurt- and it’s a little cheaper :)

lisamichele June 18, 2009 at 6:36 am

That chicken salad rocks! I received some coupons for Oikos too, but have yet to decide what to do with them for now. Maybe gyros *shrugs*. Regardless, I must make your chicken salad! Drool worthy photos too!

Shawna June 18, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I love to use yogurt in sauces to give it the creamy flavor while being healthy.

Amy June 18, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Oooo neat! I haven’t really branched out away from eating yogurt out of the container really. I did marinate with it once and it came out to be some really moist chicken. :)

myownparis June 19, 2009 at 12:00 am

I love to use greek yogurt to make tziki (sp?). It’s my all time favorite sauce to go with chicken.

Juliette June 19, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Just letting you know I’ve nominated you for a blog award, check out my blog!

Miss M.J. Ma'am June 19, 2009 at 3:13 pm

I have a great recipe for yogurt chicken that I have been making for years. It’s tangy and keeps the chicken so juicy.

tiff June 21, 2009 at 5:05 am

Your chicken salad sounds great! I love yogurt with fresh berries.

littlebluehen June 21, 2009 at 6:11 am

I never manage to make anything with yogurt because I love to eat it with mueslix, or honey and dried fruit and nuts. It doesn’t last enough enough to go into recipes.

Julie June 22, 2009 at 2:13 am

I haven’t actually cooked with yogurt yet, but I have a few recipes that call for it. This would give me the perfect opportunity to use one of them.

Brooke June 23, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Aside from eating it for breakfast or a snack, I especially like using yogurt to bake with. Actually, now that I think about it a few of my favorite recipes use yogurt in them!

Meg June 23, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I have a two your old who doesn’t always want breakfast. I like to take some yogurt and mix in some whey protein powder and freeze it into popsicles. In the morning she feels like getting a popsicle for breakfast is a treat and I know she’s getting something healthy and nutritious.

zoe June 24, 2009 at 1:22 pm

I use yogurt for my egg salads instead of mayonnaise. It tastes exactly the same! I also use it as a dip for raw veggies.

Erica July 16, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I made this last night and it was delicious!! I switched out the olives for tomatos, but other than that, I did exactly what you did. This is something I will definitely make again. Thanks for the recipe!

Check out my blog post here if you’d like: http://ericaskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/2009/07/pesto-chicken-salad.html