Ok this is mostly my own creation w/ inspiration from a number of recipes…..total of 4 servings…
Veal Stew (sorry i don’t measure):
1 lb. veal, cut in 1″ cubes
EVOO, 2 tbs butter
flour (doesn’t matter if regular or GF)
1 small can tomato paste
1 can choppedtomatoes
1. melt butter and EVOO, brown onions in skillet.
2. lightly flour veal pieces, and brown in skillet. do in batches if necessary.
3. transfer veal to pot or crockpot, deglaze skillet w/ healthy portion of red wine.
4. add rest of ingredients – but not too much broth that it becomes very soupy…
5. simmer for at least 2 hrs, until veal becomes tender and yummy.
Creamy Parmesean Polenta:
1 cup coarse grind cornmeal
2 cups milk
1.5 cups broth
1/2 cup grated parm.
1. mix milk, broth, garlic, butter, salt together and bring to boil. gradually add polenta while stirring constantly.
2. bring down to a simmer. stir while on low simmer for about 20-30 min, until polenta is tender (you may want to gradually add slightly bit more water/broth to get to desired tenderness) and pulls away from side of pan when stirred.
3. remove from heat and stir in cheese.
I should note that polenta may or may not work for GF folks. Some celiac ppl I know can have corn in unprocessed form (like on the cob, or as cornmeal) just fine, and others cannot. You know your own corn tolerance, be smart about what you eat…What may help is that I get Bob’s Red Mill brand stone ground coarse grind, that might work for some of you…