Dangerous 5 Min. Choc. Cake Recipe

by Jenn on January 29, 2009

in Desserts,Gluten Free

dscn31462-375x500

Ok I normally don’t post stuff that isn’t healthy or that is so quick, but this is definitely awesome.  I got this from some newlywed friends(though no idea who originally created it), and believe that I can easily adapt it for a gluten free kid given a try or two:

Ariane January 30, 2009 at 9:36 pm

This looks sinfully delicious and easy.

Nicole March 25, 2009 at 7:52 pm

This is a wicked awesome cake!

Stacey J. Miller January 21, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I’m a fan of microwave mug cakes and gluten-free microwave mug cakes. In fact, I’m also the author of “101 Recipes for Microwave Mug Cakes” and “101 Recipes for Gluten-Free Microwave Mug Cakes.” You can find free sample recipes at http://www.microwavemugcakes.com. Both books are available there as well (and, of course, at the usual online bookstores).

Jenn January 21, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Interesting! MY GF version does need a little tweaking as the bean content of the mix is a little higher than it should be, but my husband made it all the time in grad school :)

Jess June 13, 2011 at 1:40 am

I found this on Pinterest….I just put my mug in the microwave, we will see! I will come back when I take a bite :)

Jess June 13, 2011 at 1:42 am

lol,okay well this sucks for me. I have an something bad over here! It’s rubbery and burned on the bottom. Wonder what I did wrong, I followed the directions exactly :( Bummer

Jenn June 13, 2011 at 10:13 am

Sorry it didn’t work out for you! Where you making the gluten-full or gluten-free version? I didn’t create the gluten-full version, but the gluten free one I know could use a little updating in the flour choices…

Maybe try turning your microwave power down some? What size of mug were you using?

Amy September 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm

We don’t microwave. I wonder if you’d bake at 350 for what, 20min in a convection oven in a corningware?

Jenn September 13, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Sorry, I am really not sure how to convert microwave time for oven times, wish I could help…